Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Sacre Coeur

Day 28

Today we visited the Sacre Coeur.


On our way there we stopped by the Moulin Rouge.  Te he... It's just what you'd think it would be.  I do love the movie based on it though!


The graffiti in the area was very creative.  Watch out for the time bombs!


The Sacre Coeur (The Basilica of the Sacred Heart) is incredible!  It's the highest point in Paris, so of course I climbed 300 stairs to the dome to see the fantastic view of Paris!  And it was gorgeous!  The area around is amazing as well.  There are cute little boutiques and a square filled with artists who paint and draw views of Paris or even a quick caricature. I loved the area, it felt like what I pictured Paris to be. 




The dome of the Sacre Coeur.


 Stephanie, Dani, Griffin, and I finished the day perfectly with a picnic beneath the Eiffel Tower!  To top it off, there was a lady playing her cello nearby.  It was fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment