Friday, June 3, 2011

British Museum of Art and Portobello Road

Day 8

Today we visited the British Museum.  They had the Rosetta stone, and some great artifacts from Ancient Egypt.  I was completely in love with the Egyptian color schemes. I can't wait to reference my pictures and use them for projects later!


The ceiling of the museum. Isn't it fantastic!


I loved these door handles at the museum!



I know the one of me is a bit blurry, but I loved these columns from ancient Greece. It was amazing to see them close up!  They were huge!  The next pic is the columns outside the British Museum. They were so cool!   


Next we found Portobello Road, which is known as the worlds largest Antiques Market.  They did have some fantastic antiques.  There was definitely some flatware and some gorgeous furniture I wish I could have taken home with me.  I did find a fantastic scarf.  It was amazing.  As we were walking home I saw this graffiti on a building!  I love it! 





This was actually a clothing store on Portobello Road.  They have antique sewing machines for their window displays and on some of the walls, as you can see here.  The clothings was ridiculously expensive, but fun!  I loved the idea of using the sewing machines to brand a store! Very creative.


No comments:

Post a Comment