Friday, June 24, 2011

Last Day in Paris... (*sigh)

Day 30

Pere Lachaise Cemetery, Luxembourg Gardens, and Duck.

Today was a surprise visit to the Pere Lachaise Cemetery.  It was incredible!  It is the largest cemetery in Paris.  I was in awe at the architecture, the design, and especially the inspiration that can be found here.  As weird as that sounds for a Cemetery.  This was one of my favorite places to visit.


A bit more on the eery side.  Neat though.


Lots of gorgeous photography opportunities.


Beautiful stained glass.


Overall view.


On a lighter note... The bakery items are unbeatable in Paris.  We got multiple eclairs, but these purple eclairs Dani and I found at a nearby bakery were the best thing I have ever eaten.  They were vanilla... but magical.  They had vanilla custard type stuff inside, and the icing was.... oh man.  They tasted like purple... ya know, like how purple would taste, not grape or anything, just heavenly, delicious, melt in your mouth, eat 20 at a time, savor every last bite... yummy goodness.  If only I could take enough home to last me a life time.  I'm definitely going back for these!


For dinner I tried duck!  It was actually pretty tasty.  And the chips (little fries) were yum too.  Oh, and the restaurant was well decorated also. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment