Monday, May 30, 2011

Burghley House

Day 5

Oh how I love Rainy Mondays!  Today we took the Train to Burghley House.  It is considered the finest Elizabethan Manor in England, and it is fantastic!  You'll have to look up pictures because we weren't allowed to take pictures inside.  It was built in the 1500's.  I was so impressed by the beautiful fabrics, the intricate detail in the plaster work and carvings, the amazing furniture, and the many paintings and artwork.  Plus, our tour guide was awesome, jolly good! :)  Burghley House has featured in recent movies such as Pride and Prejudice with Keira Knightly and The Da Vinci Code.  It is amazing.  The gardens are incredible too!  After our tour, we preceded to visit a little town nearby called Stamford.  It is darling!  With cobblestone streets and an intimate feel it is precisely what I think a European town should be.  OH! I failed to mention, we also had lunch at Burley House in their little cafe...  I tried Scones and Cream! Oh my goodness... It was fantastic!  They are little biscuit type things and you spread thick cream and jam on them.  Mmmmm.  All in all, a fabulous day!
Burghley House 
Pretty huh?
Lookin' Up

hahaha
Stamford under my umbrella!
Steph and Dani - We had a mini photshoot. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment