Monday, August 1, 2011

Last Day in Barcelona

Day 34

Barcelona has been fantastic.  It has been incredible to visit different cultures, and really get the full experience of Europe.  I'm excited to see what Italy has to offer.  I'll miss all my classmates who are off on other summertime adventures!

Today was pretty relaxed.  Dani and I did some laundry, then headed off to the beach, and got a little shopping in!  It was a great day.


Got a little refreshment while waiting for laundry!


There were so many little shells!  Some of them had holes so you can make them into jewelry.  I wish I could take a ton home so I could make a piece of artwork or something.


A cute little boy playing in the surf.


Footprints!  The swimming was fantastic... except for the extreme saltiness of the Mediterranean Sea. Bleh.


The weather was perfect.  Totally refreshing!


We got a little lost on the way home, but we found the walk way designed by Gaudi!  

My experience in Spain was fantastic!  I love the relaxed, beach-y feel, and especially the fantastic architecture.  Gaudi's work is fantastic, and something you can't find just anywhere.  I feel like his influence really made Barcelona what it is, of course along with all the others who put love into their work.  I hope to come back soon!  

Now off to experience Italy! :)   

No comments:

Post a Comment