Monday, August 1, 2011

Free Day 1 in Barcelona!

Day 33

Due to swelling in my legs and such, today wasn't too eventful.  I relaxed in the hotel room while everyone went to the beach.  It was nice to take it easy for a day.  I found the laundromat and went to the Farmacia (Pharmacy) to find something to help the circulation in my legs.  Later I met up with everyone for dinner.


The candles at the hotel.  They are huge!


Another candle shot.


We tried Tapas for dinner.  I had olives, tomatoes and goat cheese, and salmon... except the salmon was raw.. haha, should have guessed.  This wasn't my very favorite dinner, but it was a fun experience.


All of us at the restaurant.  Doesn't it look yummy?


The hotel recommended the restaurant and gave us a card with directions.  Elyse was holding the card and the waitress ripped it out of her hand and promptly brought us some fine looking drinks... which would have been fine, except most of us don't drink alcohol.  It was pretty funny.  Elyse told us it wasn't very good anyway... I'll take her word for it.  Maybe I'll enjoy a Tapas experience more next time, when I know what to expect!  

Overall - A fantastic, relaxing day in Barcelona. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment